Saturday 9 April 2011

Kristy's Family Restaurant, 809 Richmond Road

Kristy's Family Restaurant

This is my first review, so please be kind. I have eaten here a few times and I must clear up one thing before I continue: if you value the paint job on your car, be careful in the parking lot. That's as nicely as I can put it. Just have a look at the light standard in the parking lot and the rainbow of paint colours on it. It has seen some action.

Now on to the important thing: the food. I ordered the 2 German sausage brekkie, with 2 eggs over easy, white toast and homefries. I will mention the good first. The sausages were very good. They were cooked perfectly and very hot. They come with a wee side of Dijon to dip if you like, but I found they didn't need it. The 2 eggs were cooked just fine...they're eggs. If a cook can't get that right, he needs to hang up his floppy chef's hat. The toast was fine as well...actually buttered to the edges, which, my sister will agree, is extremely important. Too often you get the one swipe across the middle and the rest is dry.

OK. The bad. The toast, although toasted and buttered, it seems they did that yesterday. Ice cold. My constant nemesis also returned...soggy homefries that were also ice cold and have been every time I have eaten here. Note to all restaurants out there: it's not rocket science to cook decent homefries!!! Serve them crispy and hot!! Also, the eggs could have had a touch of brown crispiness.

So, at $8.99 for a single sausage and a dollar more for two, it's an OK deal. Except that they charge for coffee. Quite a bit. They do bring the pot to your table, but in my mind, for the 12 cents it cost to brew, it should be complimentary.

So my overall rating is:
 5 sausages out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment